Thursday, May 3

The Bariatric Journey Part 1

I have been attending the Swedish Bariatric Clinic since October 2017 and under the insurance company's requirements for 6 months of Medically Assisted Weight Loss.  As of April 2018, I've completed my 6 months, received the approval from the Doctor's office, and sent the request for surgery to the insurance company.
I finally received notification from the insurance company and have my approval for surgery. My date is May 29th and I'm getting the vertical sleeve gastrectomy.
I'm getting nervous. I've done lots of reading and the 6 months have prepped me for what it may be like, but I know that I'm not really sure how things will go. It is a big step to make such drastic lifestyle changes. I hope it is for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment